-=PCTechTalk=- -=PCTechTalk= HP print server

  • From: "Matt Moceri" <matt.moceri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:57:57 -0500

Hi Everybody,
Over the years I have been lurking learning lots of stuff and tweaking but now
I need help adding my HP laser 1020 printer to the network.

When I purchased the printer I also purchased a Linksys PSUS4 wired usb print
server to connect the printer to the network.  After trying to no avail, I
e-mailed Linksys for help.  They said it wasn't compatible with that printer so
I brought it back.  Our home network has a Trendnet TE100-PS1U usb print server
connected to an HP Deskjet 5940. It also has a Linksys EPSX3 for an HP deskjet
812C.  Both of these work fine and were easy to connect to the network.  When I
went to purchase a print server for the laser, someone told me to buy an HP
jetdirect 175x.  The printers are wired.  (not wireless)

Now I have the 175x and downloaded and installed these two programs:
HPWJ_setup100-41059.exe and HPstandardportmonitor.exe

I am totally stumped!!  To me these programs are very difficult and with both
of them, I can't get them to find the 175x or the HP printer.

Please help me get this printer connected to our network.

We have;

Verizon DSL with a Westell model 327w modem/router.
A Linksys WZXS88W switch
My computer is wired (not wireless) running Windows XP ser 2

Thank you,

Matt M