-=PCTechTalk=- Monitor

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:45:43 -0600

I have a ViewSonic monitor and have had it since 2003.  Today it is fading
in and out from normal to dim and back again with resulting change in colors
to some extent.  I am running Windows XP Pro on a custom made PC.
I ran diagnostics and it is functioning o.k. (or so it says).I went to the
web site and found a new driver and downloaded it but then I read somewhere
that this plug and play does not have a driver.  So I am struggling and
confused!  I have sent a couple of messages to support at ViewSonic but have
not had time to hear back from them.  And it is almost Christmas and I
really don't have time right now to do all the troubleshooting I need to do.
If anyone has any ideas as to what I should do next please let me know.  I
fear I may lose the monitor entirely the way it is fluxuating.
Sandi