-=PCTechTalk=- Monitor

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 18:17:55 -0400

I have a Dell 1703P Flat Panel Monitor.
After a clean install of everything includeing the Dell driver for the monitor,
the picture being displayed on the monitor is slightly larger than the screen.
I can tell this because a little bit of the bottom of the taskbar is not
visible.

When I activate the monitor OSD Menu there is no option for adjusting size and
the position option is not available.

The optimum resolution for the monitor is 1280x1024 @60Hz.  I have tried
setting it to 1024x768 @60Hz but that does not help.

Anybody got any ideas on how to get the rest of the taskbar visible... in other
words, how do I change size and position?

Note:  The missing part is small and does not make the bottom line of the
taskbar unuseable.  It is just an annoyance compounded by the monitor driver
not allowing me to change size and position.

Don