-=PCTechTalk=- K I S S

  • From: "recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 20:45:14 -0400

I'm simplifying my computer life.  I am just now finishing up a clean
install of Vista HP on the laptop.  I'll install MS Office and AVG
Security Suite 8.x and run updates tonight and decide what else I need
to do with it tomorrow.  No more XP MCE on the laptop.  Vista is the
Express Upgrade version that was free with XP computers when Vista first
came out so I have to keep the old XP disks just in case.

My HP desktop will still dual boot (XP Pro and Vista HPrem).  I gotta
tear it apart tomorrow and inspect and find (I hope) the problems with
the hard drives and also shift hard drives around with the old Dell from
Hell.  It will be hard to do but I plan on getting rid of the Dell after
all the swapping around is done.

Hopefully at Christmas I will get a new laptop (Toshiba Satellite
P505-S8945) and the HP will become the hub a home entertainment center
and eventually get the power supply and video card upgraded to Hi Def
capable.

Don

in the Subject.