-=PCTechTalk=- Internet Explorer not functioning

  • From: "Jan Robey" <hrstreak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "_PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:52:28 -0400

Hello all,
One of my seniors couldn't get past the following message:  cannot find
'file:///C:/Program%20files/AOL%Toolbar/welcome.html'.  Make sure the path
or Internet address is correct.
He just got a new computer with Vista & he uses a dialup.  I took him off of
AOL & switched him to EarthLink.  I thought I uninstalled as much of AOL as
I could find.  This error comes up every time Internet Explorer is
used...not matter whether it is using my cable or the owners dialup.

Hoping you can tell me how to solve this problem so he can have his computer
back in a usable fashion.
Thanks so much,
Jan