-=PCTechTalk=- IDE2 & IDE3 Connectors on new build

  • From: "Cajun" <cajun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:23:27 -0500

Chris,  I think I'm seeing where this thing is supposed to be going, but I
still can't make it go.  I downloaded the SATA Raid Manual, and it seems to
explain things a little plainer than the documentation that came with the
motherboard.  Here's what I see...
IDE2 & IDE3 are onboard controllers under the VT6410 IDE Raid chipset,
therefore they must be enabled, which (I believe) is what you instructed me to
do by enabling the 'Onboard H/W Raid' in the BIOS.  Then I have to go to the
Advanced BIOS Features, select Hard Disk Boot Priority, and move the HDD to the
#1 spot.  The problem is, when I go there the Zip drive is in the #1 spot, the
HDD is in the #2 spot, and nothing will move.  I've pressed the + key and the -
key, with and without the Shift key, and nothing in the list moves up or down.
Why?

I unplugged the CDRW/Zip from IDE1 and rebooted and tried again.  This time the
HDD was in the #1 spot, however, when I close the BIOS and try booting the
computer, XP starts to come up, then a half page of blue error messages flash
by and it reboots.  Why?

   )
 (