-=PCTechTalk=- Greyed-out icons and files

  • From: RMB White <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:00:40 +1300

Since installing Registry Mechanic a couple of months ago (which seems
to find between 15 and 60 "Problems" each time I use it) I have found
that upon hitting "Programs", many of the icons are greyed out (i.e. the
recognised icon does not appear, but instead  a miniscule icon like a
Page, with 2 to 6 dots/spots in the lower half shows.

 In cases where files show this  anomaly, I cannot open them but instead
am asked to "Choose a program to open" them.

Is there any advice please??  (I am running XP Prof. on a Toshiba Notebook)

Roger W