-=PCTechTalk=- Google Desktop vs DeskBar

  • From: "Don" <dswabc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 06:01:10 -0800

I have always avoided the Google desktop in favor of the DeskBar.  Primarily
for privacy reasons.
Has anyone used the Desktop for a significant time period?  Have you found it
more useful than the basic Deskbar?  Worth the privacy invasion?  Have you
found ways to limit the privacy invasion without restricting functionality?
Does it retain all features from the Deskbar?  I am thinking about trying it
out in a sandbox.  Your opinions are solicited.

Thanks,

Don