-=PCTechTalk=- Email Clients . . . 2 at once?

  • From: <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 21:38:58 -0400

Any problems having two different email programs open at the same time as long
as they both don't try to check mail on the same server at the time using the
same port?  Would using different ports be OK... say the default email port on
one and the SSL email port on the other?
I ask because I have some email accounts I need to access in Outlook Express
with one default address and the others I want to use a different default
address.  A second email client would be more convenient (I think) than
constantly switching identities in OE.  Plus, I want my computer checking all
accounts several times a day 24/7.  The second client would likely be
Thunderbird or Outlook 2007.

Don