-=PCTechTalk=- EddieB..Re: Re: Help with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware locking up......

  • From: "rudy" <rudylopeznc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:10:06 -0400

Ok I ran Malwarebytes scan and the app froze on
C:\system volume information\tracking.log

This is system restore directory, correct? I ran Search Everything app on
tracking.log and this was also on my other drives, D: and F: as well. Of
course I couldn't delete them but I have System Restore turned off so I
turned System restore on and rebooted. I then ran a Malewaresbyte scan and
the app froze on:
c:\Qoobox\BackEnv\programs.folder.dat

What, if anything does this tell you? Maybe I do have a virus as you
suggested. Another thing, my system will freeze up if I run a few apps at
the same time, most notiably Malwarebytes and Firefox for example. But I
control alt del and under performance my CPU is only at 5% or so. I run XP
Pro with 4 gig of ram, which XP only see's 3 gig.......thanks!
Rudy