-=PCTechTalk=- Compaq Computer... was: Re: Re: Katrina OT

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:52:10 -0400

SDRAM is old. (slow)
DDR RAM is newer. (faster)
DDR2 RAM is newest. (fastest)

1024 MB means one gigabyte of RAM  that is double 512 MB RAM.

CRT monitors are measured corner to corner of the tube... like TV sets are.
About 10% to 20% of the tube is too curved to be viewable so it is hidden
behind the cabinet.  LCD screens are measured the same, but do NOT have the
curvature problem so none of the display has to be hidden in the cabinet.
If you are comfortable with 15" no reason not to stay with the smaller size.
I would, however upgrade the QUALITY to digital or Ultra-sharp or whatever
the specific manufacturer calls it... especially if you have a digital
output on your video card.

Don