-=PCTechTalk=- Bookkeeping sofstware

  • From: "SandiBeach" <SandiBeach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:16:45 -0500

I have been trying to learn to use Money 98 since the first of the year.  I
have been keeping records the old fashioned way also to be sure I didn't
"mess up".  I thought after a couple of months I could do away with the dual
bookkeeping but I continue to struggle with the program.  Seems
unnecessarily difficult to learn.  I would like to hear from my friends at
pctechtalk as to what program they like and a recommendation as to a more
"user friendly" program.  I only need a basic program that will total income
and expenses and give me a grand total at the end of the year.  We farm and
I would need to do some customizing but think I am capable of that.  Managed
that much in Money anyway.
I contacted the Ag Extension Dept. at Kansas State University and they have
a program developed for farmers but it costs around $700.  Way out of sight
in my opinion.  If we were big farmers it would probably be worth it.  Or
even if we were young "small farmers" but we are near retirement.
Any suggestions and/or opinions will be appreciated.
Sandi