[pcductape] Re: xp restarting problem

  • From: "Steve" <sjclark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 22:10:32 -0800

In the BIOS there is a setting under power restart ,
 I didn't reboot to see it exactly what it said.
But I remember it would affect it only if the power went out it would return
it to what ever setting you chose.
I have always set it to stay off, in the event I wasn't around,
I don't want it rebooting if the power company is having problems,
The most typical problem which causes this behavior is a bad video card
driver.
I would look at downloading the latest driver for your particular video
card.
If that doesn't you might try look at the CPU voltage.
The result is the higher the voltage, the less frequently the restart
occurs.
I has also seen this in faulty motherboards.
Also check this out , right click my computer and under the advanced tab
check startup and recovery.
Steve Clark
Moreno Valley, California
http://www.secondbaptistriverside.org/

Did you know? Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.