[pcductape] Re: xp restarting problem

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 23:37:42 -0600

I wish I could offer you as much help as you are offering me.  I'm quite
spoiled as far as my XP and shut down goes.  My XP is running on a laptop
which hubby surprised me with last christmas so I wouldn't be so tied down
and stuck at home, and could still get my work done.  It's an HP brand and
they have the neatest feature that I discovered totally by mistake.  When I
first got it and turned it on, hubby not knowing any better reached over and
turned it back off via the same switch I turned it on from.  Wow!  It didn't
shut down hard, it shut down as though you'd gone through all the clicks of
Start/Turn Off Computer/Turn Off.  Wonderful discovery!!

The db you've been scouring for info to help me doesn't offer a clue?

Pam