[pcductape] Re: windows 95a was on a restricted network

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:33:01 EDT

In a message dated 4/29/04 9:40:15 PM Central Daylight Time, bnoble@xxxxxxxxx

> Why not the obvious?
> Format and install an operating system. Start fresh. :O)
    I like to pick thru machines to see where they have been and how they
have been configured in different network settings. I just wanted to make the
video better (saves the strain on these old eyes .. haha ) Then I can format
silly thing.

 a message dated 4/29/04 9:46:48 PM Central Daylight Time, Wizard@xxxxxxxx

> For a Windows 9x system, that's impressive lockdown. It doesn't have
> to be on a corporate network to have restrictions, though; it could
> have been a small office and the system locked down to keep from
> bleeding the budget due to having computer store repeatedly fixing
> problems caused by people downloading and installing junk unrelated to
> work.

   Hi Scott
     I agree this could be why it has been locked down so tight.

n a message dated 4/30/04 12:06:25 AM Central Daylight Time, bnoble@xxxxxxxxx

> If you want to get rid of the network stuff, you should just be able to go
> network, in control panel and remove all the networking stuff with the remove
> button.

   I will take a look at this.

Bob & Scott thanks for the ideas. I am sure that I will end up formatting and
reinstalling the OS in the end.
  Take care