[pcductape] windows 95a was on a restricted network

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:17:21 EDT

Hi all
   Picked up an old 133 computer. Getting it ready for a niece so she can do
school work on it. However I am having some problems, need some ideas.
   It appears that this computer was in a corporate network, it has
restrictions on the computer. ( I see things in the computer that it was
attached using
Novell network software, they used Lotus Notes, software like that for
networks. )
   I need to correct the video driver, it will not let me install new
drivers. The error message says to contact the system administrator. ( Boy this
machine is really locked down from what I have seen ) What do I need to do that
will remove the restrictions set by network administrator? Is there a log file
that is accessed for the restriction? ( Just guessing )
   I see that I need to correct the sound drivers too. ( yellow slam on sound
)
   OH Hey Bob, there is software that I will need to uninstall too, it was
installed over the network so I am sure that the only way that I will get that
out is to manually pick it out of the registry. What I have tried to uninstall
the error message says that it cannot access the F: drive, there is no F:
drive unless they had the network server as the F: drive. Sure appears that way.
  Open to ideas folks
  TIA
  De