[pcductape] Re: win98se port open error

  • From: "Barbara Schonfeld" <bschonfeld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:44:05 -0600

The modem problem is solved. I tried all that was suggested and couldn't get
any results at all. So I have come to the conclusion that lightening must
have gotten both of the modems. My sister had a friend at telephone company
come over and check her phone lines..etc... he told her that that week,
several people in that area had theirs hit by lightening...including his own
house which was down the road from my sisters.. so I put in another modem
and whala...it worked. thanks for all the help and suggestions...I just
don't like to throw the towel in too quickly..too often I have inherited
computers from people that say they are broken, when maybe the software just
needed reinstalling or just some tweaking on the settings... Barbara