[pcductape] Re: win98se port open error

  • From: "Barbara Schonfeld" <bschonfeld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:23:45 -0600

I need your help. My sister's computers, both of them ,the modems won't
connect to the internet. I tried reinstalling both modems. Removing them,
then having computer find them. Still won't work. Keep getting messages that
port is open and make sure line has dialtone. Both running win98se. Tried
new phone cords, tried to change coms. Does anyone know how I go about
finding out just what is using that com port or where to look ?    Thanks