[pcductape] Re: win2k to XP and 98 network

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:33:57 -0800

Hi Pam,
Let's review.
You have three machines hooked together, with 2k as the server and the others a
98 and a xp.

It all worked once, than you got a new network card for the 2k machine.
They will all share files, but now the ICS doesn't work at all on any of the
machines.

The fact that they share files means all the network stuff works on all the
machines or this just wouldn't happen.

So, I guess we are down to ICS. I would think we would have to start with the 2k
machine as I think you stated earlier.

Now, you did enable file and printer sharing on the dialup network, 2k machine?
I think this needs to be done to share ICS. It should have been there from
before you installed the new network card, but it doesn't hurt to check.

I think the real problem might be something to do with the new cards ID number,
which is internal, and is different from the old one, and this might be in some
call that makes the ics thing work. I think you stated that you have removed and
reinstalled till your blue in the face? :O)

Have you removed all the network stuff in 2k, rebooted and reinstalled?
Have you done this with the dialup networking stuff too?

I'll go over to the knowledge base and see what I can find on this.
Sometimes I get lucky. :O)