[pcductape] Re: win2k to XP and 98 network

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:36:57 EST

  Like you I jumped through all the hoops of try to figure it out, finally
decided that the answer will appear someday, of what I missed in the setup.
  At the time the only thing that I could think of doing was; "should I
replace ALL of the old NICS with new, (and add a hub) would ICS then work."
This small network is setup using the old 10/100 coaxial peer to peer
networking. ICS works real well with the old machines (and it is on a
   Sounds silly but I thought with the way technology advances that the new
card had improvements over the old ones and they did not want to play
   Maybe someday I will change the networking part over to newer NICs and a
hub (and see if ICS would work then) but for now it is not broken so I am not
going to fix it.