[pcductape] Re: win2k to XP and 98 network

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:12:31 -0500

Sorry I haven't read all the e-mails on this, I am on travel and just
checked into a hotel.
I would think that the first thing to do is to try and understand how this
network is setup, is a hub being used or a Linksys etc. identify the three
machines IPs gateway and subnet mask to see if we see a problem. Is file and
print sharing allowed on all computers?
The commands are winipcfg for 98 and cmd ipconfig /all for w2k and xp. DO
any of the puters see the internet? If you are using dialup then which
computer is controlling the ICS? I do not use ICS but as the others have
indicated if you run the wizard then it should lead you through fairly well.
I will look for a link to ICS also. Dave