[pcductape] Re: win2k to XP and 98 network

  • From: "Steve" <sjclark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:06:19 -0800

Something to think about, on my last trip to an existing customer I found
the the network was down, I couldn't figure out why,
I tried everything, I was starting to look stupid, I think they were already
on the phone looking for someone else to help .
When out of the blue I grabbed my black bag and pulled out a patch cord, I
changed it out from the server to the router/switch and bam!
I was a king again.
I still have the blue cat six cable in the garage, I was going to look for a
broken wire.
Who knows maybe it was just a bad connection.
What ever sometimes we need to check the smallest things first.
moving the Category 6 or the older cat 5 cables around on the switch to a
different port,

If you know your setting are right , then start to look else where.
and Like Bob said between your XP box and 98 you must use the ICS wizard.
then you can cornet the Win 2k up to the network,
I would think you shouldn't have any problems between the XP box and the
older 98 putter.
I wish I lived close I would give you a hand.
Sometimes ya just gotta be there to understand, know what I mean.
Don't let it get to you.
your friend Steve