[pcductape] Re: win2k to XP and 98 network

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 21:38:53 -0600

ok, just checked, and that machine is still listed as an admin user on this

  The security of 2000  is nor bad (debateable), however, to be accessed
from 98 you usually have to go under control panel (2000 machine) under
users and add the 98 machine name as a user to be able to access the 2000

    I did the first time, but not again after I installed the new card, if I
were to need to.  And I don't remember where to go in Win2k to look and make

      Have you added the 98 user as a user with adimin rights to the2K?

        Hi all,
        Climbing back up from a bout of pneumonia, slow process but
definitely on the upside now.

        I'm ready to tackle my network problem if anyone is inclined to
offer a suggestion.

        The server is running Win2k.   2 clients, one running XP Home, the
other running 98.
        At one point all were communicating beautifully together.
        Then the 98 box decided that it would only connect intermittently.
I've swapped nic's (same brand and type) but still unable to connect.  I
swapped slots today and now the nic has it's own IRQ.

        The XP box connected and continued with no problem until I recently
got a new, faster nic for the Win2k box.  I got it as far as being able to
share files but it cannot share ICS.  Obviously I've missed something in
setting the win 2k box back up.

        Any suggestions welcome,