[pcductape] Re: win2k to XP and 98 network

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 22:51:17 -0800

Hi Pam,
It's for if anything but 2k is the server, actually.

But it seems you shouldn't really need it if you can set 2k to ics.
And all the other parameters right in the other computers.

What I see is when dhcp is used the server should have an ip address, but the
other machines should not, unless it is set to accept them in the sever machine.
ICS should be turned on in the sever machine, likely in network connections. The
other machines should be set to obtain an ip address automatically.  The sever
should be set as the gateway and the other machines should point to that gateway
with their gateway settings.

I just barely understand this, but I'm learning. :O)

And you do need to use 192.168 for dhcp to work.