[pcductape] win2k to XP and 98 network

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 18:19:02 -0600

Hi all,
Climbing back up from a bout of pneumonia, slow process but definitely on
the upside now.

I'm ready to tackle my network problem if anyone is inclined to offer a
suggestion.

The server is running Win2k.   2 clients, one running XP Home, the other
running 98.
At one point all were communicating beautifully together.
Then the 98 box decided that it would only connect intermittently.  I've
swapped nic's (same brand and type) but still unable to connect.  I swapped
slots today and now the nic has it's own IRQ.

The XP box connected and continued with no problem until I recently got a
new, faster nic for the Win2k box.  I got it as far as being able to share
files but it cannot share ICS.  Obviously I've missed something in setting
the win 2k box back up.

Any suggestions welcome,