[pcductape] Re: weirdo file

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:37:30 -0500

Hi Martha,
Thanks for that url which said:
That "~" (tilde) file is most probably appearing as the result of installing
the "April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (330994)". Microsoft is
aware of the problem and is supposedly working on a fix. Many people are
experiencing this problem and from what I've read about this problem that icon
will also reappear when you reply to an e-mail and you have your Outlook
Express set up to enter the persons e-mail address to your address book
whenever you reply to an e-mail. You can either just put up with it or follow
the uninstall directions for the patch at the link below.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/330994/default.asp
Since it's not doing any harm, I'll just tolerate it.
Carl
 ps, I was sure off base with my thoughts that it was related to a virus scan.