[pcductape] Re: weirdo file

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:37:30 -0500

Hi Martha,
Thanks for that url which said:
That "~" (tilde) file is most probably appearing as the result of installing
the "April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (330994)". Microsoft is
aware of the problem and is supposedly working on a fix. Many people are
experiencing this problem and from what I've read about this problem that icon
will also reappear when you reply to an e-mail and you have your Outlook
Express set up to enter the persons e-mail address to your address book
whenever you reply to an e-mail. You can either just put up with it or follow
the uninstall directions for the patch at the link below.
Since it's not doing any harm, I'll just tolerate it.
 ps, I was sure off base with my thoughts that it was related to a virus scan.