[pcductape] Re: want to edit document after scanning

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 10:04:09 -0500

Hi De,
There are several good software programs that can convert printed text into
editable words rather than into a .jpg.  Many of the newer scanners come
with software for just this purpose.  To make it work though you have to use
that software to do the scan.  It can't convert an already scanned document
into text. Look around on the computers with scanners for  a text reader
software.  Some common names are OCR or Textbridge or OmniPage or ABBYY
FineReader.  If your scanner software is still available maybe check to see
if it is a separate install that can be put on your machine.

Good luck,