[pcductape] Re: want to edit document after scanning

  • From: nick bates <allstate@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:02:14 -0400

HI,
Use Omniform. It will scan form in and let you make changes to it. This is the only one I've found that can do this type job and look professional.
Thanks,
Nick

DGrell7446@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all
Got one for all of you scanner gurus.
An associate wants to scan a "application for employment" and make it a editable document, that way they can email it to prospective applicants, and they can fill out the app and email it back.
Ok heres what we have tried.
Using a flatbed scanner (Canon multifunction machine) we have scanned into the Canon software, end results were jpg type file, not editable. We have tried scanning into M$ Word 2000 pro software, it scanned ok however it did not scan in the lines that are in the application, it does make it an editable document tho.
A co-worker has taken the application home and tried using her scanner and software. She used paperport software (unknown scanner) and the end results, uneditable jpg.
So far it looks like Word would be the way to go, but why does the lines not scan? What are we doing wrong. OR is there other software that is better to do this job?
Any other information you might need let me know. All ideas are welcome.
TIA
Take care
De