[pcductape] want to edit document after scanning

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:51:37 EDT

Hi all
  Got one for all of you scanner gurus.
  An associate wants to scan a "application for employment" and make it a
editable document, that way they can email it to prospective applicants, and
they
can fill out the app and email it back.
   Ok heres what we have tried.
   Using a flatbed scanner (Canon multifunction machine) we have scanned into
the Canon software, end results were jpg type file, not editable. We have
tried scanning into M$ Word 2000 pro software, it scanned ok however it did not
scan in the lines that are in the application, it does make it an editable
document tho.
   A co-worker has taken the application home and tried using her scanner and
software. She used paperport software (unknown scanner) and the end results,
uneditable jpg.
   So far it looks like Word would be the way to go, but why does the lines
not scan? What are we doing wrong. OR is there other software that is better to
do this job?
    Any other information you might need let me know. All ideas are welcome.
TIA
Take care
De