[pcductape] virus updates

  • From: "Jan L. Hodges" <Siriuswriter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:23:46 -0500

Just a warning to all who rely on automatic updates for your virus
protection, don't. I have received 64 virus infected messages today that
Norton didn't warn me about. Of course, I don't open attachments so my
computer hasn't been infected.

However, I went to the Symantec website and manually down loaded updates. My
Norton is now earning its money catching more of these virus laden messages
that seem to be pouring into my system from places unknown. In fact, just
since I began typing this message, four more have been detected by Norton.