[pcductape] Re: transfer of files

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:18:42 -0500

Amen to jumping in;  that's what email lists are all about.   :-)
Any suggestion is welcome;   and as we all know, different computers (even with
same operating system)  have different configurations that occur because of
virus attacks, spyware, power surges, etc. and sometimes when something works
for one, maynot work for the other (until the error is corrected).

Vic has a good point about doing a defrag on the old system.   I also did a
Ad-Aware scan and found 80 files of spyware (there should be a law against
adding files to my computer without my consent).   I do have 15% free space on
the old unit (which is required to do a defrag).