[pcductape] transfer of files

  • From: "Ctm007" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 05:25:38 -0500

Hi Group,

I am trying to transfer files from computer B (old unit with 4gig) to computer
A (new unit with 60gig) and I am stumped.   I purchased a crossover cable and
connected the 2 computers by Network cards and followed the instructions under
Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Files & Settings Transfer Wizard and
after about an hour, the old computer unit B gives me a message that it cannot
continue because of insufficient space.     The process on unit B was
"Preparing for Transfer" and that is what took an hour.   How do I transfer
just 1 folder?    The error message indicated that it was "backing up".   Why?