[pcductape] Re: those that never learn

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:10:31 -0500

I am the senior IT systems Field Tech for a company and my district is from
Maine to South Carolina and all the States in between. I never know how many
I will be repairing in one week as it varies, however, I do a lot of freebie
work for friends also, I recognize what you are saying but always try to be
diplomatic and make them understand if they are up front with me on what has
happened then it gets fixed faster and they can expect good support, as they
say get me you once-shame on you get me twice shame on me.
I drive a van to all these places and have all my equipment on board and
users are not very literate, better now but still not to many know it all's.
I must have at least a couple of hundred PC's in the field that I handle in
setting up LAN's to tie to WAN and all repairs no matter what the problem is
I resolve. I handle salesreps, marketreps and Terminals, I make house calls
all over the place on the Eastern seaboard.
I love doing what I am doing and it is not work to me, heck of a challenge
to stay on top of the technology changes though. :>) Dave