[pcductape] Re: stubborn file

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:49:20 -0900

you said you could not view it..I took it to mean it was hidden and you could not see it.
aTTRIBUTES OF READ ONLY..ARCHIVED..HIDDEN..SYSTEM . For the long filename you can use the wild card *
Renaming it or moving it seems like a good strategy. Sometimes however it won't let you name it back or put it in place..I find for myself it is best to try figure it out first before renaming or moving..I only do that as last resort. Usually I will just ren. it. I either take off the ext. or just remove one letter. Days later I can recall what it was easier than a totally new name. If I move it I place it in the folder named Removed files and make note of its path so I know where to put it back. Thats what I do...others may have other ways or better ways..My way works for me..!

Pam wrote:

Obviously it let me find it. If it were hidden I couldn’t see it. I see it.
What attributes do you mean?
The file name is quite long. I would guess over 100-150 characters long.
I need to know what app is using it before I delete it. It may be a
necessary file.

Since I could not determine so far what prg is using it I thought I would
move it and see what problems occur.