[pcductape] Re: stubborn file

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:42:15 -0900

Pam wrote:

How do you delete, view,is it hidden? or determine the purpose of a file that will not
allow you to view it, delete it, rename it, or move it.
It is a jscript (.js) file in the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary
Internet Files\Content.IE5\2FMZG1M9

I looked for that file on my system and I don't have it..unless it also won't let you find it.. :-)
try going to the dos prompt and pathing over to it..Nuke it from there.
Check on its attributes.Make sure it is not hidden and see what will open it to view it before nuking it from Dos.
use edit if possible.
edit ( filename) enter.