[pcductape] Re: spyware

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:04:05 -0800

Hi Bill,
I guess it just depends on what bothers you. Most cookies just don't bother me. A lot of cookies help me have things the way I want them on web pages. Most of the spy software is overly aggressive at removing them, but at least it makes it look like they are really doing something for you. To me everything is a trade off of time in a lot of ways. Do the unwanted cookies really bother me? Is it worth the time to deal with and run all these programs. Not to me. Dealing with it is more trouble than dealing with these cookies that don't bother me. I haven't had any other malicious stuff occur from any of the so called spyware either.
There is nothing slowing this Cel 333 down either. It probably runs faster then most other peoples computers that are over a gig in speed. I don't run antivirus, never have. I don't like things that slow my computer down. I class them as viruses, cause that's what viruses do. And I guess if I was running anti spyware stuff all the time, that would be slowing me down, so I'd have to class that as virus type stuff too. :O)
It's a, to each his own thing Bill. I have a pretty good understanding of how most of this all works together, so I'm willing to do it and I can get away with running this older computer.
----- Original Message ----- From: "bill wingler" <bwingler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Bob Noble <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/16/2004 1:03:43 AM

Boy, I sure don't have these problems. I must be living right is the only
thing
I can think of? :O)