[pcductape] spyware

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:51:12 EST

In a message dated 11/13/04 12:15:35 AM Central Standard Time,
bwingler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Lavasoft's AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy are very similar but I've
> heard each will sometimes catch something the other one missed.  Don't know
> if that's true....    Bill
     I clean alot of machines ( folks just do not understand spyware ). I
have used alot of different programs, and each program sees different spyware.
really would like to see a program that would remove "ALL" rather than having
to run program after program until I find all of the spyware.
     The last one that I used that seems good is  Spy Sweeper from
www.webroot.com  This one you get it for 30 days trial then they want money.
This one
runs just like you antivirus and continues to scan to prevent spyware.
    I see a site for comparison of spyware removers at www.toptenreviews.com.
    I did read an article a time ago ( from ZDnet I think ) that said do not
use these programs ( Spy Wiper & Spy Deleter ) they like to install the
spyware, not remove it.