[pcductape] Re: ->sp2 cd booting

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:24:34 -0700

Hi Trapper,
Oh, Ok. Yes, when xp boots with a cd, or ay way, even hard drive, there are supposed to be three files in the route directory. Ntldr, ntdetect.com and boot.ini, I think. You can mostly just copy the ones from your hard drive c: directory if you need them to build a boot cd. These files are present on the boot cd's I've made so far. I've made several different ones and none work. I need to try them on some other computers.
When you make a slipstreamed xpsp2 cd, these files are copied right off the original xp cd for the new xpsp2 cd.