[pcductape] Re: sp2

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: trapper <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:10:12 -0500

Hi trapper,

t> since installing sp2 yesterday I now get a lot of little  box's
t> with a red X telling me that the pictures are disabled to prevent
t> the sender from identifying my computer..click here if I want to
t> turn them on...???
t> How are they  Id ing  my computer with those pictures...???
t> IS it a problem for me to turn them on?
t>  can I  leave them on?

If an email includes images off of a website, instead of embedded
directly in the email, the author could use a custom link for each

So, instead of:

you'd have a link that looks something like this:

It doesn't have to be so obvious, of course.  It could be something as
simple as this: