[pcductape] sobig.f

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:04:06 -0500

[Note: if you are already familiar with the virus situation then this email
isn't intended for you.]

Hi all,
I'm sure by now you've all heard plenty about the newest virus, sobig.f,
that's running wild right now, and I'm sure you are tired of hearing people
remind you to get your anti-virus program up to date, but on the slight
chance that some of you have not heard.... then be sure to update your AV
immediately and don't open any attachments that you aren't expecting without
verifying that the sender really sent it.
Those who aren't familiar with this virus can read a little about it here.
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_SOBIG.F
Freelists is being inundated with infected emails too.
I've received over 30 infected emails myself.
Take care and be safe,