[pcductape] Re: scanning documents

  • From: "Jan L. Hodges" <siriuswriter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 08:18:22 -0500

Last year I met a cousin whom I had never known. We both wanted to exchange
family photos, particularly since she didn't know much history of the family
and I have really old photos, I wanted to some how share what I had.

I signed up for a free web site with Geocities and began scanning pictures
to upload. Then I sent the link to aunts, uncles and cousins who can then
opt for visiting the site rather than having me send random photos through
email. Then can download pics they like or ask for a hard copy.

I had to play around with the photos in Photoshop to compress them somewhat
and I am still not where I would like to be, but it is fun. And it has been
a very efficient way for family stewn about the world to grab pictures of
ancestors. And my new dog.

Jan