[pcductape] Re: safe mode for Win 98

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 18:50:56 -0500

Ole Bill Gates gave 4 ways at this website:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;180902&;
Method 1
  1.. Restart your computer.
  2.. While your computer restarts, press and hold the CTRL key until the
Windows 98 Startup menu is displayed.

  NOTE: If you are using the EZDrive tool, press F8 instead of CTRL.
  3.. Select the Safe Mode menu option from the Startup menu, and then press
ENTER.
Method 2
  1.. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System
Tools, and then click System Information.
  2.. On the Tools menu, click System Configuration Utility.
  3.. Click Advanced, and then click to select the Enable Startup Menu check
box.
  4.. Click OK, click OK, and then restart your computer when you are
prompted to do so.
  5.. Select the Safe Mode menu option from the Startup menu, and then press
ENTER.
Method 3
  1.. Insert a non-bootable floppy disk in the floppy disk drive, and then
restart your computer.
  2.. When you receive the "Non-system disk or disk error. Replace and
strike any key when ready" error message, remove the floppy disk from the
floppy disk drive.
  3.. Press F8, and then press F8. When you do this, the Windows 98 Startup
menu is displayed.
  4.. Select the Safe Mode menu option from the Startup menu, and then press
ENTER.
Method 4
  1.. Restart your computer in MS-DOS Mode.
  2.. From a command prompt type "win /d:m" without the quotation marks