[pcductape] Re: registry

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:04:58 -0800

hey chuck;
Actually with a great deal of trepid intimidation I ventured out to mention
I was using winXP...
I have been wanting to do to Linux for a long time...Tried to make the move
once..but I had a bad HD..and everything I owned was windows..
then a started another busn.up and have not had the time to do much of
anything.
Now I can't even find "run" I am sure it is like Eric said..Bob took it!
I have been gone all summer..what other explanation could there possibly
be...
Run is there under the classic, but not normal startup..
I might have gotten that backwards in other memos..its the classic that runs
is fine..but not under the winxp one...that is called just plain startup..
when you hit the start and right click on the properties button your given
two choices to stylize the startup. the classic is the old way it use to be
with windows 2000,and 98 etc... the " startup is the winxp version. Kind of
weird...This  problem and not being able to go to a web page when I open a
url by clicking on it is making for a bad computer day on my end...
The trouble with taking time off from computers is your brain turns to mush
by the time you get back to them.

trapper@xxxxxxx
Arts of Alaska
by
Diane
From: Eric Skeen

Bob took it and ran??

Trapper, on the assumption you're still running XP, hold down the Windows
key on your keyboard (between left Ctrl & Alt buttons) and depress the R
button. You should get the "Run" box. Dunno how to get it back into your
Start menu tho', I've never lost mine.

Hang.... just found out. Right click on the Start button, go to Properties.
Select Customize, then click on Advanced. Scroll down the window until you
find "Run" and place a check mark next to it. OK your way out of there.
Bingo! Run should once more be visible.

That Guy In Africa...
ICQ#  39461303
~ Greetings from Sunny South Africa ~

From: pcductape-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pcductape-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of trapper

my run command from the start menu is missing..anyone know where it went and
how to get it back???

trapper@xxxxxxx
Arts of Alaska
by