[pcductape] Re: registry

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 02:12:02 -0500

Hi Pam,

My daughter had a similar problem in that she could not get to the Windows
update page either and this is what I did to solve her problems:

Hi Guys,

Thanks to all of you who offered suggestions on how to enter a restricted
Some body by the name of Marc has written a very detailed explanation of how to
fix the error message of "restricted websites" that I wrote about recently
about my daughter who could not get into her bank acount and other restricted
sites.   Lots of you have furnished very nice instructions on how to set up
Internet Explorer so that restricted sites could be entered.   They did not
work.   I started searching the Internet for "restricted sites" and this url
popped up:

I printed out those 21 pages of instructions and made a journey to my
daughter's house where the dread enemy lurked;   the computer with Internet
Explorer 6 that will not open a restricted website.   He, the author of the
article, had 15 steps to take in order to may a restricted website reveal its
secrets.    Each and every step was suppose to fix the problem;  but if not,
then go to the next step.    I went through each and every one starting with
number 1.    Number 15, the last one, succeeded.   I do not know why it
succeeded but it did.   Later tonight I will send a contribution to the author;
  he/she deserves it.

Step 15 is:   to click on Start and then click on Run and then type the
following commands and to press Enter after each one and to type Exit after all
are done and then to reboot and open Internet Explorer.   It worked!

net start cryptsvc
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll