[pcductape] Re: registry

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:25:06 -0500

Hi Chuck,
I couldn't get to the Windows Update site.  It would tell me I needed to
update the Update software, I would, and it would take me right back to the
same page to update the Update software.  MS said to delete a couple of
.dll's and a registry key, hence the back up question.  After that I was
taken to a page that wanted me to log in as the Admin for this machine.  I
would do this and it would take me back to the Log in as the Admin page
again, another endless circle.  I did a work around and created another user
and got the update I needed, but still stuck in the same problem.  Working
on another possibility to fix it.
Whew!  Dontcha just love MS.