[pcductape] Re: registry

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:55:39 -0500

Hi Carl,
I just learned that at least for Win2k they are not.  Similar but not same.
Turns out I only needed to export the one registry entry I was deleting
rather than the entire registry for this situation.
For anyone else out there who wants to know, Win2k has a built in app
Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Backup where you can not only back
up your registry but other important tasks as well.

Now I'm headed back to my Windows Update woes.  Seems they changed their
updating methods which caused a lot of trouble for some folks and I got
elected to be one of those folks.  Anyone here interested in hearing the
whole story?