[pcductape] Re: progress on the 98 network

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:57:06 -0500

step by step
www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/sharing.htm
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/ics

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/index.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Pam [mailto:ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 6:15 PM
To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pcductape] progress on the 98 network

Hi all,
I installed a brand new nic into the 98 machine, then did what I could
remember that you are suppose to do to set up the network, and lo and
behold, the 2k server found the 98 box, atleast enough to assign it an IP.
The 98 box can ping the 2k server but the 2k server cannot ping the 98 box.
Neither box can see the other machine on the network.  Obviously I have a
setting wrong.  Any ideas?