[pcductape] Re: print screen worked

  • From: "Elaine" <zona01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:17:30 +0100

Hi Carl

Ah well never mind

Elaine
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carl
  To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 8:46 AM
  Subject: [pcductape] Re: print screen worked

  Hi Elaine,

  Here on this side of the pond, big discount stores like Best Buy, Fry's, and
Circuit City sell computers at Hugh discounts and they, the computers, come
preinstalled with various programs, one of which is Microsoft Works.    I too
have Microsoft Works and right away I recognized the "wps" format as Microsoft
Works "Word" processor.   It is very fast and easy to use.   I did not know it
would work with pictures as easy as it did.    We all do learn.

  Boy, talk about proprietary......... I tried several programs and cannot get
any of them to open wps files.  Usually, WordPad will open most rich text
files;   but not wps files.

  I can save the wps files as a DOC files but it really increases the size.
The 1 file of carl1.wps is 54 kb but when saved as carl1.doc it becomes 1220 kb
in size.