[pcductape] Re: [pcductape]Elaine

  • From: "Elaine" <zona01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:58:49 -0000

Cheers Barbara

I shall have to give it a go

Elaine
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: B Schonfeld
  To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 2:43 PM
  Subject: [pcductape] Re: [pcductape]Elaine

  Hi Elaine,
    After reading how to s and people letting me know how to do it, a friend of
mine that is the technical recording area of the musical industry, told me the
easy way to do it.  I ran a cable from the headphone jack of the stereo into
the sound card. Now be sure to have the volume on stereo way down. We use roxio
and within that program their are special settings to go for vinyl and also
tapes. It has normalizer availabe, as well as scractch and hiss, pop. Many
options. Now he only hooks this up when he is doing this , thus safety sake
just incase one of my kids decides to run the stereo. So far my husband has
been real happy with results. It takes a while to get your setting s just
right. And he saves them to hard drive first, then does them to cd. Hope this
helps, any other questions -just ask. He has done approximately 10 tapes so far
and 6 albms. Of course remember if the tape or record is in horrible shape,,it
might be able to be improved, but tremendously. Also he cleans records before
playing so that helps with the dust.  Barbara