[pcductape] Re: [pcductape]=20's again

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:03:31 -0800

This is from the a Microsoft K article, when I did a search.

When a message is sent using "Plain Text, Quoted Printable" format, an equal
sign is added to the end of the line to let the browser know that the line
continues. Therefore, there is only one quote character at the beginning of each
paragraph quoted.

The main purpose of "Plain Text, Quoted Printable" format is to allow for line
wrapping. When you send mail on the Internet, you can send only 80 characters on
a line of text. To provide word-wrap capability, the lines are packaged in
"Plain Text, Quoted Printable" format. This ends each line with an equal sign to
indicate that it continues to the next line.